WHO ARE WE
- When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we are referring to QL Resource Berhad (“QL”) the company carrying on the QL businesses, QL related corporations, and affiliates (collectively referred to as the “QL Group”)
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Your personal details in order to process your submission of enquiry and feedback form with us through the website, application for registration of membership with us, use of the loyalty program mobile application and/or use of the E-Commerce platform mobile application. These details may include your name, e-mail address, credit/debit card and/or bank details and mobile phone number. This list is not exhaustive and may include other relevant personal details. It is important to note that all information requested is obligatory to be provided by you unless we indicate otherwise. Should you fail to provide the obligatory information we may be unable to process your submission.
- Your account login details such as your mobile number and for security, an encrypted record of your login password on the loyalty program mobile application and/or E-Commerce platform mobile application.
Details of your interactions with us through in store, online, phone, email or by using our mobile applications.
- For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, voucher redemptions, and how and when you contact us.
Details of your shopping preferences.
- For example, which of our products you prefer to and where you usually visit to buy our products?
- Details of your visits to our websites or mobile applications, and which site you came from to ours.
- Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest. We will only ask for and use your personal data collected for recommending items of interest and to tailor your shopping experience with us.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit a shop.
- When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or reviews about our Services.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you.
- We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you. We will also offer you relevant rewards.
- The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service. Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘Your Rights?’ section below.
- Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we may be unable to process your submission of enquiry and feedback form with us through the websites and/or your application for registration of membership for our loyalty program and/or our E-Commerce Platform.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- Make our Services and Membership rewards benefit (where applicable) – Manage your loyalty program account you hold with us and verify your identify. Including but not limited to providing you with your loyalty program, points, vouchers and/or coupons you earned while being our loyal customer.
- To personalise your shopping experience– we try to understand our customers so we can provide you with a great shopping experience, relevant marketing, personalised offers, shopping ideas and online advertising. Understanding how you use our mobile applications, how you interact with us, where you shop, the products and services you buy and how you use and browse our websites helps us to do this.
- For safety and security– we use your personal information to help provide safe and secure environments for our colleagues to work in, our customers to shop in and for our businesses to be conducted. To enable this we use CCTV, monitor online behaviour and carry out checks to help us ensure that our customers are genuine to prevent fraud and to help customers use our services appropriately.
- For safety and security – we use your personal information to help provide safe and secure environments for our colleagues to work in, our customers to shop in and for our businesses to be conducted. To enable this we use CCTV, monitor online behaviour and carry out checks to help us ensure that our customers are genuine to prevent fraud and to help customers use our services appropriately.
- Analytics and profiling– we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about our customers. That includes understanding the products and services you buy and the manner in which you consume them. This helps us to serve you better and to find ways to improve our products, services, stores, mobile applications and websites. These profiles help us to send you offers that are more relevant to you.
- Contacting you – we use your personal information to contact you: either to conduct market research or to contact you about products and services from us and other companies. We may also contact you in relation to any questions and/or feedback you have raised with us directly, through our feedback form or through the Help Centre and/or to discuss the status of your account with us.
- Processing payments – we use your personal information to enable our payment processing and refund function
WHO MIGHT WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
- The QL Group – we will share your personal information in certain circumstances with the other companies within the QL Group so that we can provide you with a high quality, personalised and tailored service (including relevant marketing) across our QL Group.
Our authorised service providers- we work with partners, suppliers, insurers, aggregators and agencies so that they can help us provide the products and services you require from us. These third parties process your personal information on our behalf and are required to meet our high standards of security before doing so. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. These third parties include:
- Our delivery services providers (including its delivery agents / riders), who help us deliver our products to you;
- Advertising companies, who help us place QL Group adverts online;
- Market research partners, who help us to analyse customer behaviour;
- Social media providers – such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn – where we interact with you on social media;
- Third party vendors who help us to manage and maintain the Group IT infrastructure;
- Providers of temporary staff, who need access to certain personal information to carry out their role within the business;
- Where relevant, our professional advisors, such as lawyers and consultants;
- Companies that provide insights and analytics services for us so we can stock the right products, send the right marketing campaigns and understand our business and customers better;
- Security and fraud prevention companies to ensure the safety and security of our customers, colleagues and business;
- Companies who assess faults and repair products on our behalf;
- Companies administer competitions for us so they run smoothly; and
- Companies that enable us to collect your reviews and comments, both online and offline.
Other organisations and individuals- we may share your personal information in certain scenarios.
- If we’re discussing selling or transferring part or all of a QL Group business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers and their advisers – but only so they can evaluate the relevant business; or
- If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide our Services to you.
- If we are required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the police.
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their rights or the rights of others. We will only share your personal information in response to requests which do not override your privacy interests. For example, we will not share your personal information with individuals who are merely curious about you, but we will share your personal information to e.g. insurers, solicitors, employers etc. which have a legitimate interest in your personal information.
- Further, please be informed that if required for any of the foregoing Purposes, your Personal Data may be transferred to locations outside Malaysia.
MARKETING & ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS
This section explains our advertising approach and the choices you have when it comes to receiving marketing communications.
- We allow advertisers to run ad campaigns on our Services.
- The information and advertisements that you see when accessing our Services may be targeted on the basis of your current activity or contextual information based on your current purchases.
- In our mobile applications, you can manage your preference and opt out from one or all of the different push notifications by selecting or deselecting the relevant options in the Settings Section of your device.
- It is clarified that we are not responsible for the content of said advertisements and the products delivered or services rendered thereby by third parties and you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result or in connection thereof.
- They are not harmful to your devices (like a virus or malicious code) and allow you to use many of the useful features of our websites (like remembering your favourites).
- Cookies have a lifetime. Some only last until you close your browser or a short time. These are called ‘session cookies’. Some last longer though, for example, to enable a website to recognise you when you return to them. These are called ‘persistent cookies‘.
- Cookies placed directly by a website owner (like us) are known as ‘first party cookies’and most modern websites also use technology provided by other people/businesses, for example to provide online advertising. Cookies placed by other parties are known as ‘third party cookies’.
How can you manage cookies?
- Cookies do lots of important jobs on the Website. However, you are able to disable cookies used on the Website, if you would like to. If you do so, you may find that certain parts of the Website do not work at all, or do not work correctly.
- You can disable and/or delete all types of cookies by using your browser settings. Cookies are generally easy to disable and/or delete but how you do so varies from browser to browser. The “help” function within your browser should tell you how to do it. The best way may be to close your browser and then search for “cookie folder” or “cookie manager” or simply “cookie”.
- Please note that the IP address that your browser conveys within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google and Google Analytics does not collect any personal information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using
- Access to your personal data is password-protected.
- We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning. In most cases, our retention period will come to an end 7 years after the end of your relationship with us.
THIRD PARTY SITES
- You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information. Please note however that the refusal to consent to the processing of your personal data, the withdrawal of your consent or the restriction of the processing of your personal data may result in the inability to provide you or continue to provide you with our Services and/or process your request; and
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you for a prescribed fee under the law.
- Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
- If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out in the “Your rights” sections above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
- By email: email@example.com
- By post: Company Secretaries QL Resources Berhad 16A, Jalan Astaka U8/83 Bukit Jelutong, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
- We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. If we decide to do so we will post the changes on our website and on the app so please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this Policy.